All you should know about Invisalign.
There are many people who have crooked or misaligned teeth. This could cause concern because it undermines your confidence and can lead to many health issues later.
Traditionally, dentists recommend braces to treat this issue. However, there is a new treatment option – Invisalign. Learn all you need to know from this article.
What is Invisalign: All you Should Know.
Many individuals may find conventional braces to be ugly. Their vision of paradise is not spending years or months with metallic discs and cables in their mouths.
Because of this, the clear retainer-based orthodontic treatment technology known as Invisalign was created.
Invisalign is a form of clear aligner that can be used to treat and correct a variety of orthodontic issues.
Invisalign (clear aligners) is a contemporary alternative to using wires to straighten your teeth.
These custom-made sets of practically invisible aligners clamp over your teeth. They are made of clear, smooth, and sturdy plastic.
You switch out your aligners for a fresh batch every two weeks as they gradually realign your teeth.
Invisalign has taken off with adults and teens alike who want to forego the look of metal braces and the scratching that comes with them. When they were initially introduced, they were used to treat only mild cosmetic dental corrections for adults. Now, it has been improved to correct overcrowding, underbite, overbite, crossbite, and gapped teeth.
Is Invisalign better than braces?
You should speak with your dentist about what is best for YOU while balancing the advantages and disadvantages of Invisalign.
Having said that, Invisalign has several benefits over conventional braces, and some of them are:
- Invisalign is virtually invisible: This is the main reason why Invisalign is better than braces; it is hidden. When you smile in front of your friends, partners, and family, no one will notice that you have them in your mouth.
- Comfortable: Invisalign can initially be a little uncomfortable, but most patients find it far more comfortable to use than traditional braces. Traditional braces can frequently make eating more difficult and create abrasions.
- You can take off Invisalign: Another significant factor in why patients choose Invisalign over traditional braces is that you can take it off for meals and dental appointments.
- Less dental visits: Invisalign is a terrific alternative if you want to visit the dentist less frequently. Most treatment plans have progress check-ups every six weeks or every three trays.
- Shorter treatment time: Treatment times for Invisalign are typically shorter.
Things you should know before getting Invisalign.
- Regular braces are typically less expensive than Invisalign.
- You must wear the aligners for the entire day to achieve optimum results. It implies that you must leave them on for at least 22 hours daily.
- Every case of Invisalign is different. Every patient receives a different set of aligners, which depends on the teeth’ current position and the position they should be in at the end of treatment. As a result, treatment time varies from patient to patient.
- It’s crucial to keep in mind that you cannot wear the aligners while eating. You must take the aligners out before putting food in your mouth. But you can drink water without taking out your Invisalign.
Invisalign clear aligners offer a great way to align your teeth without pain, invasive procedures, and ugly metal braces.
To ensure the treatment goes smoothly, you must be aware of the abovementioned things and follow the guidelines appropriately. Invisalign gives you a better smile by aligning your teeth perfectly.