When patients are diagnosed with a cavity, their dentist in North Hollywood will recommend the placement of a dental filling. However, the material used to restore the tooth should be considered carefully. Dr. Fadi Edmond Elzayat of A-Dental Center offers patients metal-free fillings made with composite resin.
In the past, dentists have used a material called amalgam for fillings. It has been found through countless studies that this material is unsafe for use in the human body. The reason? “Silver” fillings are made with approximately 50 percent mercury—a substance dangerous to humans. This metal can release toxins vapor. Toxins enter the body and contribute to a variety of medical conditions.
Instead, Dr. Elzayat uses composite resin bonding fillings which have several benefits. These fillings:
- Do not expand and contract with temperature changes, reducing the likelihood of bacteria entering the inner portion of the tooth and causing an infection.
- Do not expose patients to mercury toxins that are present in silver amalgam fillings.
- Are much more cosmetic as they are the same color as natural tooth enamel.
- Long-lasting and can be replaced as needed if they become discolored.
- Require less removal of natural tooth structure to place, making them a more conservative option than amalgam fillings.
Dr. Elzayat discusses with patients facing the placement of fillings the benefits of using composite resin bonding materials over amalgam. By educating patients, they can make knowledgeable decisions with regard to their oral health and wellness.
Call to schedule a visit
Metal-free, mercury-free fillings are the best way to address cavities. North Hollywood area residents are welcome to contact Dr. Fadi Edmond Elzayat and the team at A-Dental Center to discuss the benefits of composite bonding fillings. Call 818-593-0700 or schedule personally with our friendly front office staff at 11335 Magnolia Boulevard #1A.