INVISALIGN – THE DISCREET AND COMFORTABLE WAY OF GETTING YOUR DESIRED SMILE
Have you ever wondered if there is an alternative to traditional braces and the hassle which comes with it?
Well, the wait is over with the introduction of INVISALIGN.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an alternative to traditional braces or fixed orthodontic appliances. It is a discreet way to straighten up teeth as Invisalign is essentially invisible when worn. Invisalign is made by the medical-grade thermoplastic material.
Now, patients seeking orthodontic treatment for misaligned teeth can get a beautiful smile without having to go through the trouble which comes with traditional braces. Braces are visible has they have brackets and wires and this can lead to self-consciousness in patients undergoing the fixed orthodontic treatment. However, with Invisalign, this problem is obliterated.
With the advent of the advanced 3D computer imaging technology, you can get an idea of your entire treatment which has been prescribed to you by your dentist from the current position of the teeth to the expected final and desired position.
After this procedure, a series of clear aligners are custom made for your teeth. These aligners allow small tooth movements. The number of aligners required is determined by the treatment plan prescribed by the practitioner. Each aligner is to be worn for a time period of two weeks. After this, the aligner is discarded and replaced by a new one which facilitates further movement. This process is continued until the teeth are moved towards their desired position as depicted. Each Invisalign treatment is exclusive to the patient seeking it and is determined by the patient’s need and by the Invisalign Practioner. Generally, the treatment can last from 9 to 18 months. Invisalign enables mass customization and is the superior alternative to traditional removable and fixed orthodontic treatments. It can take some time to get accustomed to Invisalign aligner as with traditional braces but there are no reported changes in speech.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible. They are custom made for each patient which ensures a firm, seamless fit and is virtually unnoticeable. It doesn’t interfere with your day to day life and social interactions.
- Unlike traditional braces Invisalign is removable. This give the patient the freedom to remove it during chewing or drinking and then simply putting them back on. Invisalign can also be removed to brush and floss teeth as usual, which makes maintaining good oral hygiene possible.
- Studies have also shown that patients undergoing Invisalign treatment have lower chances of suffering through a gum disease when compared to patients undergoing traditional treatment.
- There are no metal wires or brackets, which means the time a person spends in the dental clinic is reduced and also no mishaps, like food getting stuck in the braces happen.
- Patients also get to visualize how their teeth are expected to look once the treatment is completed.
- Patients will experience less pain in comparison to traditional braces.
A wide range of cases can and are being treated with Invisalign and it works for both primary dentition (baby teeth) and permanent dentition. These include correction of gap in between teeth, crowded teeth, crossbites, overbites, open bites, and underbites.